Saturday 15 August 2009

More than surprise

What can I say?
Last night, for the first time in a long time, I found myself lost for words.
For what reason you may ask. Their names are Damien and Tourie Escobar, a pair of brothers from New York City.
Ok but there are many brothers living in NYC right. What makes these two so different? I'll give you two words classical and contemporary.
That's right, two men with violins fusing delicate and technical classical music with jagged sounds of hip hop.
Its not just their flawless technique that shines through but a passion and emotion that comes from the inner depths of their being. To witness their performance was and is a truly inspiring and core wrenching experience. One that I hope more people will be able to realise.

Apart from appreciating Damien and Tourie's talent(Nuttin But Stringz), it struck me how deceiving appearances can be and to what extent we judge people based on looks alone. I wonder how many would have branded Damien and Tourie rap star wannabees before anything else!

Here's to Damien and Tourie, a pair that follwed their dream and in the course challenged music concepts and the concepts of people.

Follow link to hear Damien and Tourie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S3WtJYgy1Q&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers