Friday 22 January 2010

My Guilty pleasure = Ke$ha + her bottle of Jack!

Ever have the craving to do something bad?

Well I did and it came as quite a surprise to me. Admittedly this 'bad' thing wasn't exactly punishable by death, far from it actually. Yet I still hate myself for it or do I.

Before you jump to any assumptions, I will explain what happened and no I didn't steal or cheat. I simply listened to Ke$ha's Tik Tok on repeat. Is that really so bad?

For anyone with the slightest taste and know-how in music it should be deemed unforgivable, regardless of its no.1 US chart position.

I mean you couldn't find a more shallow lyric if you tried. And what about the artist herself, she's glorifying unlawfulness, disobedience and promiscuity. What a no.1!

The fact of the matter is however much I try to convince myself of the song's inadequacy, I only seem to fuel my obsession further. Right now I cannot go 24 hours without pressing play, does that make me an addict?

I guess until I have another love-to-hate pop track Tik Tok will continue to be my guilty pleasure. So please shhhh, I won't tell if you don't!

Listen to Tik Tok:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_AAn24fEk8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers